Having a recipe and guidelines can make the difference between a golden puffed souffle and a flat eggy mess. That’s where a how-to book can save the day, and fortunately, there are many for copywriters.
Have you ever wondered how to craft brilliant copy, how to make maximum money, how to create effective advertising, and how to make money anywhere while doing what you loved? All those answers (and more!) are just a mouse click away.
Each of these how-to copywriting books not only has the words “How To” in the title, but they’ve also been carefully selected for value and interest to copywriters.
How-To Books for Almost Any Copywriting Challenge
If you’ve ever struggled to craft a persuasive message that really hits the spot you’ll know
it’s harder than it looks. Wouldn’t it be helpful to have an expert on hand to give you tips and tricks? Someone who could pass on their knowledge and know-how? Someone
who told you how the professionals really do it? Well, that’s exactly what this book does for aspiring copywriters. Think of it as a rocket-assisted launch for your writing career.
Brilliant Copywriting is packed with practical techniques to help anyone who works with words to improve their writing. It lifts the lid on the world of professional copywriting to
reveal the trade secrets of top-notch practitioners. It’s the book every copywriter wants when they start out, full of facts, details and insights that normally take years to acquire. It will also be invaluable for anyone who works with words in pretty much any industry.
Because if you think the ads you’re seeing today are just pretty pictures with nice, creative copy, you’re mistaken. Truth is, you are being powerfully influenced by dozens of proven scientific principles of advertising psychology… little-known techniques of consumer persuasion that go completely unnoticed by the buying public. And they’re causing you–and millions like you–to spend enormous amounts of money every day on countless products and services.
But what are these principles? How do they work? And how can you use them in your own advertising?
Prepare yourself for a unique learning experience as author Drew Eric Whitman takes you on a wild, roller-coaster ride through the streets of New York’s famed Madison Avenue and teaches you the specific psychological techniques that today’s top copywriters and designers use to influence the masses… and how you can use them to rapidly increase your sales, no matter what you sell.
* How to Push Your Prospects’ Hot Buttons in Every Ad, Sales Letter, or Email–It’s not hard to do once you know the secret.
* Why Developing Your “USP” Can Leave Your Competition in the Dust–It’s the quickest way to instantly begin out-marketing your competitors. (And they’ll never know what hit them.)
* Why You Don’t Need a Degree in Business to Create Great Ads–But there is one thing you MUST know or your ads will likely fail miserably.
* How to Develop a Powerful Ad-Agency Mindset–What the pros know about consumer buying behavior and how you can use it to your advantage.
* How to Save $600 for Every $1,000 You Spend on Ads–This idea alone is worth infinitely more than the price of this book…and you can start using it immediately.
* The Amazing 5-Second, No-Fail Headline Test–Chances are your ads, emails, websites and other promotional materials fail this test every time. One small change boosts your response.
* What a Good Ad Should “Feel” Like–How to connect to readers on a deep, emotional level.
* How to Install Persuasive Images in People’s Brains–Learn how to direct how people think about your products and services.
* Why People Really Buy Your Product or Service–Sorry, but it’s not what you think. (But you better know the reason… or else.)
* Where to Always Put Your Biggest Benefit–Miss this and you’re flushing your ad dollars down the toilet.
* How to Write “Dragon-Slayer” Headlines that Get Read and Get Response–Tons of examples you can “steal” for your own ads.
* Long vs. Short Copy: Which Is Really Best for Response? Don’t believe the lies! We’ll set the record straight and you’ll learn to cash-in.
* How to Use the Devilishly Effective Pyramid Principal–Lure readers into your ads by understanding human eyeball behavior.
* 22 Tested and Proven Headline Prescriptions you can start using RIGHT NOW.
* How to Turn Ordinary Words in “Money-Magnet” Copy that motivates, influences, persuades. (Yes, you can really do it.)
* Put Your Copy Here and Boost Readership by 10-200%–Why doesn’t everyone do this?
* 10 Sure-Fire Ways to Start Writing Your Ads–So easy, it’s almost automatic.
* How to Cause People to Mentally Demonstrate Your Products… Before They Buy.
* How Emotional Words Melt Sales Resistance a Red-Hot Knife Through Butter.
* “Sneaky” Ad-Design Psychology Tricks that Work Like Magic–Start using them tonight.
* Typestyles that Actually REDUCE Readership–Are you using them?
* This “Evil” Design Sin Depresses Your Readership Up to 50%–Do you do it?
* Widely Used Typeface LOWERS Comprehension Up to 67%–Are you using it?
* The Eye-Grabbing “Advertising Guillotine”–The one image humans can’t resist.
* And Much More
Unlike so many books on the subject, it’s not a jumped-up list of ‘useful phrases’. It won’t tell you ‘how to make a million dollars overnight’. Instead it is a unique, detailed step-by-step guide to becoming a successful copywriter from scratch. You don’t even need a Kindle to use it. In fact your PC or Mac are ideal because I give you so many valuable links – including all the software tools I use to boost my own productivity.
Follow each step and you can make between £300 ($450) a day and – with more experience – £500 ($750) a day. Not exactly a get rich quick formula, but a very respectable income. Especially for someone who is their own boss, has few overheads, doesn’t have to commute to work, and chooses exactly how much or how little work they want to take on. Because my website has been live for some time now, I get more than I need and have to turn work away.
Is it possible? Sure. That’s exactly what I do, and in this book I will show you – in detail – everything you need to know. Things like:
• How to begin from scratch and quickly build a portfolio
• How to find clients – fast
• How to market yourself
• How to build a copywriter website in just five days – for free
• How to find the most profitable projects and drop the rest
• How much to charge
In fact, I will even share my killer ‘terms and conditions’ that enable me to close more business at higher prices. I will:
• Introduce you to the jargon – no getting caught out as a beginner
• Show how to walk your clients through a brief, how to research topics, how to write for print and how to write for the web
• We will look at different writing styles (or ‘tone of voice’ as the marketing people call it).
• I will teach you questioning techniques for telephone interviews (I do all my work over the net and by phone) and show you some clever, low cost phone recording kit and transcription software so that you won’t even have to take notes
• Plus lots of tricks of the trade that save valuable time and mark you out as a real pro
And what’s more, I will give you stacks of links to real samples of different types of copy, templates, tick lists and so on, plus more detailed descriptions of some of the topics covered in this book (build your own free library). In fact, everything you need to get you started with confidence.
Perhaps the most valuable chapter is dedicated to building your own successful copywriter’s website. Check me out. Do a Google search for ‘brochure copywriter’ and see which site comes top worldwide. Try ‘IT copywriter’, ‘White Paper copywriter’ and so on. In this book I show you exactly how I did it.
I call my business Copywriting-On-Demand, and that’s exactly what I do. If anyone wants a brochure, a script, a management discussion paper, a press release, newsletter or web copy, they find my website and almost always make a decision within a couple of days. No salesmanship on my part.
What is it like to be a freelance copywriter?
If you like writing, it’s wonderful. It’s nothing like ‘Creative’ writing – novels, poetry and so on – but each assignment brings its own challenge and you do get published! It’s incredibly varied. You have to be ready to write in any number of different styles. And you will often have challenging deadlines – most clients want copy yesterday. There are times when it is boring, but then another project comes along. Unlike a copywriter employed by an agency, if you don’t like the look of a project, you can always say ‘no’. You’re the boss!
So now it’s decision time. For the cost of a bottle of supermarket wine you could transform your life. There’s an investment. Buy now and within minutes ‘How to be a copywriter – and earn money from home’ could be yours.
- Are you an entrepreneur or salesperson who needs more qualified leads? How about converting your existing leads into paying customers and clients, much faster?
- Are you a doctor, financial services, or other trade professional, who’s always dreamed of having effortless, ‘almost magic-like’ marketing that’ll have your daily planner filled with appointments?
- Do you own a jewelry store, dry cleaners, or other retail establishment you’d love to see packed with paying customers?
- Have you had it ‘up to here’ with clients who demand first-class service, even though they’re on a Wal-Mart budget? Do you want to avoid tire-kickers who shop around for the lowest prices in town or online, and instead, only deal with ultra-rich clients who are thrilled to be working with someone of your caliber?
If you answered ‘Yes!’ to any of these questions, or if you just want to make a LOT of money, very quickly, then this is the most exciting and important book you will ever read. Often compared to Eugene Schwartz ‘Breakthrough Advertising,’ inside you’ll discover:
- How Garber made $578,463 in one year with a small list of customers, without spending a dime on advertising and almost all at 90% profit. Garber shows you how to at least double your sales, whether you work online, offline, or both. Not by begging JV’s or affiliates to promote you, but by using fresh new ideas that work in ANY business.
- On page 42, you’ll uncover the single greatest secret weapon for making money in any business. How powerful is this secret? Quite simply, it is the best source of ongoing and predictable income, referrals and repeat business, in the world. And, it has almost zero downside risk.
- What about advertising? Are you sick and tired of running online and offline ads that never get the kind of responses you want? Is your website more like a ghost town than a bustling freeway, filled with traffic? Don’t worry, Chapter 23, How To Write A Sales Letter That Sells, gives you the blueprint to designing compelling ads that’ll have your buyers lined up and practically begging you to take their money. Garber walks you through the 12 proven items you MUST include in every ad or sales letter, to make them perform as reliably as a Swiss watch.
- As you know, there are only three ways to make more money: Raise your prices, get more customers, or increase the value of your average transaction size. In Chapter 12, you’ll discover a simple strategy (which takes less than 5 minutes to implement) that gets up to 98.4% of your customers to spend more money with you, every time they buy.
- How to sell products and services for much higher prices and profit margins than your competition! The secret to charging top-dollar is knowing how to ‘position’ yourself in the marketplace. And this is much easier to do than you think, as you’ll see in Chapter 10, How To Become Number One In Your Industry.
- Why conventional business and marketing advice is useless, because it revolves around exchanging time for money. Look, whenever you’re trading time for money, your income is limited by the amount of time you’re either willing, or are physically able, to work. Garber reveals 2 simple strategies (pages 135 and 321) that leverage your time and multiply your effort, so your cash-flow is no longer tied to how long or how hard you can work. Result: a lot less work… and a lot more money.
Listen, ‘hoping’ things get better, won’t work. Hope is not a good business strategy. In times like this, you need to think smarter, not work harder, and this book shows you exactly how to do this.
“The principles of hypnosis, when applied to copywriting, add a new spin to selling. Joe Vitale has taken hypnotic words to set the perfect sales environment and then shows us how to use those words to motivate a prospect to take the action you want. This is truly a new and effective approach to copywriting, which I strongly recommend you learn. It’s pure genius.”
-Joseph Sugarman, author of Triggers
“I’ve read countless book on persuasion, but none come close to this one in showing you exactly how to put your readers into a buying trance that makes whatever you are offering them irresistible.”
-David Garfinkel, author of Advertising Headlines That Make You Rich
“I am a huge fan of Vitale and his books, and Hypnotic Writing (first published more than twenty years ago), is my absolute favorite. Updated with additional text and fresh examples, especially from e-mail writing, Joe’s specialty, Hypnotic Writing is the most important book on copywriting (yes, that’s really what it is about) to be published in this century. Read it. It will make you a better copywriter, period.”
-Bob Bly, copywriter and author of The Copywriter’s Handbook
“I couldn’t put this book down. It’s eye opening and filled with genuinely new stuff about writing and persuading better. And it communicates it brilliantly and teaches it brilliantly-exemplifying the techniques by the writing of the book itself as you go along.”
-David Deutsch, author of Think Inside the Box, www.thinkinginside.com
“Hypnotic Writing is packed with so much great information it’s hard to know where to start. The insights, strategies, and tactics in the book are easy to apply yet deliver one heck of a punch. And in case there’s any question how to apply them, the before-and-after case studies drive the points home like nothing else can. Hypnotic Writing is not just about hypnotic writing. It is hypnotic writing. On the count of three, you’re going to love it. Just watch and see.”
-Blair Warren, author of The Forbidden Keys to Persuasion
With the job market in a state of flux, and many former corporate employees striking out on their own, there is a new focus on self-owned businesses and the entrepreneurial spirit. And the new frontier is the internet. But much like the brick and mortar model, online sales has its own lingo and requires a new approach to sales language.
Ray Edwards’ new book, “Writing Riches”, opens the door to the new online business owner and marketer, giving insiders tips and secrets based on his own very successful career. For instance:
* You want to tap the profit-pulling power of compelling copy–and watch your products or services FLY off the shelf at blinding speeds!
* You want to know how changing just a few words on your website can double or even quadruple your sales–overnight!
* You already know the magic profit power of killer copy–but don’t want to shell out $30,000 (or more) every time you need sales copy written.
* You’re an entrepreneur or solo professional and want to write your own copy to get your web profit stream started.
* You want to train your on-staff copywriter in the secrets of proven direct-response copywriting that gets results.
Whether new to the world of online sales writing, or a veteran with a desire to take it to the next level, “Writing Riches” is the perfect source for success.
“In a sea of snake oil and get-rich-quick nonsense about fast money on the Internet from people who haven’t really done it, O’Bryan’s book is a ship of sanity to an island of commonsense e-commerce? This works.”
—Mark Joyner, Wall Street Journal bestselling author of Simple.ology
“The Internet has leveled the playing field, making it possible for anybody to start a business. O’Bryan, however, has given us the easy-to-follow instruction manual on how to first discover your niche and then build it into a big enterprise that can run itself from almost anywhere-all from his successful and proven formulas. A great book for anybody serious about a better quality of life.”
—Joseph Sugarman, Chairman, BluBlocker Sunglass Corporation
“This amazing book can free all working people to make money doing what they truly love!”
—Dr. Joe Vitale, author of The Attractor Factor and Zero Limits
“I know O’Bryan as a friend and colleague. He has painstakingly put together a book, with no frills or fanfare, that straight-up shares his hard-won wisdom. May I urge you to get it and read it? Not only will you enjoy it-but once you act on what you learn, you can profit mightily as well. Why? Because what’s in this book lets you stop making the victim’s compromise on a daily basis-and start doing the victory dance, whenever you want!”
—David Garfinkel, author of Advertising Headlines That Make You Rich
“O’Bryan lives the portable empire, running his business from a laptop with a cigar and a glass of fine wine. There is no one better to be your guide as you create your own, because he’s laid out every step for you in his inspiring and easy-to-read book. There is no need to be chained to a desk or locked in a cubicle, and your business can take you far beyond your kitchen table with the blueprint O’Bryan shares from his own successful journey.”
—Craig Perrine, www.maverickmarketer.com
“Freedom-O’Bryan’s new book makes you understand exactly how to obtain it and create the lifestyle of your dreams. Anyone who can go from being a dead-broke musician living in a mobile home to generating six figures in a single month is worth reading.”
—Bill Hibbler, coauthor of Meet and Grow Rich